RF Engineer II or III
Looking for RF Engineer II or III in Bothell, WA.
What you will be doing as a RF Engineer:
- Perform RF design activities related to building the first standalone 5G broadband network in the US.
- Optimize the end-to-end RF design, propagation modeling and prediction, for deployment of Macro Cell deployment.
- Determine equipment and power configurations.
- Work with eNB/RAN and UE teams on RF solutions including modifications to RF link budgets on a per site level basis to meet operations requirements.
- Perform site candidate evaluation and selection as well as site walks.
- Work with RF Management to establish design criteria, link budget and traffic analysis as needed for network design and update existing performance parameters for ongoing improvements as required.
What you will bring to the table as a RF Engineer:
- BSEE/BSCS degree and/or at least 3 years of relevant LTE RF Design working experience, and 5+ years overall wireless experience in Design/Optimization or Operations roles including RF support of Site Acquisition and site Construction teams. Related Degree and Experience will be taken into consideration in lieu of BSEE/BSCS.
- Cellular/Mobile Technology proficiency in 4G/5G and NR theory and practical experience.
- Experience with macro and small cell nominal and final RF designs including development, operations, RF KPIs, and maintenance of RF link budgets for 3GPP technologies.
- Full proficiency in setting up, calibration, utilization and data processing of various LTE design and optimization equipment and software.
- Working knowledge of at least two of the common industry propagation/planning tools (like Planet or Atoll) and experience with model calibrations.
- Working knowledge of drive test data post-processing, map generation, frequency planning and interference matrix analysis and site database maintenance, using Windcatcher/Actix/Accuver.
- Understanding of equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and experience performing inter-modulation and other external interference analysis.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.