Senior Automation Test Engineer
Looking for a Senior Automation Test Engineer for Ottawa, ON.
What you will be doing as a Senior Automation Test Engineer:
- Designing and implementing manual and/or automated tests from a JIRA product Backlog to validate the monitoring, provisioning and configuration used in customer networks, reporting and retesting defects.
- Planning, executing, tracking of all test and QA activities for projects in an iterative delivery process, using judgement to strategically balance quality, schedule, and cost.
- Responding to all customer issues and queries during acceptance testing in timely and effective manner, isolating problems to minimize service impacts with creative workarounds and fast turnaround on escalations.
What you will bring to the table as a Senior Automation Test Engineer:
- Bachelor in Telecom/Data/Computer Networking Engineering or equivalent at least 2 years of experience
- Technical degree or equivalent experience with a strong foundation in fundamentals of computer science.
- 5+ years Software test Automation and/or DevOps experience, preferably using Agile methodologies
- Practical Linux OS knowledge (RedHat & CentOS)
- Experience in building software, Continuous Integration (Gitlab CI, Jenkins) and automated deployment (Ansible, Salt, Chef, Jenkins)
- Understanding of networking and protocol concepts (IP, routing, SOAP & REST, MPLS services, and IP-tunnels)
- Knowledge of in any of the Cloud technologies (Private and Public) – OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.